Saturday, October 21, 2006

Date night

Okay, so here's the deal. We finally found a babysitter. Her name is Cherie, she lives around the block from us. She's young, but Joshua loves her and we like her and she seems to like us. So we've been easing her and Joshua (especially) into the babysitting thing, and he's doing well. Last night I nursed Dustin and had Cherie put him to bed while I was still here. Then we left - and left her to deal with Joshua and try to get him to bed! It took a long time, but she did it, and we're so proud of both of them! Joshua sure milked his time for all it was worth, though - and apparently didn't stop singing until 9:30!!! This, from a kid who would normally be in bed between 7:30 and 8:00. She got him down a bit later, but he sang, and sang, and sang...he obviously had a lot of happiness in his soul! Here is a recent picture of my sleeping beauty:

So anyway, Graeme and I left the house, and proceeded on "date night". Let me tell you, when you haven't had the chance to go on a "date" in a while, and you don't really want to spend the next 3 hours eating, there's not much to do in Sherwood Park!! We drove around for a while, and discovered the only pool tables that we could think of in town were in a BAR. So yeah, we weren't going there. The bowling lanes were packed; not surprising for a Friday night. We coulda gone to a movie, but we were going to turn into pumpkins at 10:00, and besides - we get away from the kids so we can have some US time - not so we can sit in the dark and not say anything to each other for two hours! So we ended up at Second Cup where Graeme had a white mocha that was so bitter I almost died (I'm not a coffee drinker and I don't think there's much hope for me). I had a vanilla bean hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, vanilla sprinkles, and chocolate sprinkles. Mmmmm! I'm in heaven! It was SO yummy! We got home around 9:50, Cherie left around 10:00, and then we watched an episode of a TV series Graeme's brother downloaded and lent us. Then we went to bed. ZZZZzzzzzz.......

The point of this story is that it's almost like we're dunces when it comes to the dating scene! If you're not into bars, or eating for 3 hours, then I guess you have to get pretty creative!

On another note: can you post comments, yet, Mom?

On another note: I DID get to Ikea the other day, after Graeme got home. He let me out on parole. :) Heh heh. Anyway, I got to go, sans children...I felt like a kid in a candy shop! I got my stuff...and my craft room is in chaos as I'm in the process of rearranging and reorganizing. Ooooh! I'm so excited! Graeme thinks it looks great. When he was at a meeting the other night I took his Hitachi cordless drill and installed my wall units...woo hoo!

Here is another little piece of work that I've created in my craft room...the technique is called "ghosting". My Clubbers loved it...at least I think they did, either that or they were faking it! If you look closely, there are 3 layers to the flowers - an outline, a light purple part, and a white "ghost" in behind that. That's why it's called "ghosting"!! LOL! Where DO they come up with these names?
Well, that's all for now. I believe Dustin is awake now, so I should go feed him and such. Tonight we're off to a meeting for Pioneer Bible Camp - their annual general meeting. Should be interesting - we've never been to one before, but are going tonight.
Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    This is the second time I've visited your blog. All I can say is it quite interesting so far. It sounds to me like you are having quite the time with it, so blog on and have fun.

    Every consider writing a book?
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you....just a note on dating, it's been so long that we forgot how to date as well. I'm not sure we'd know what to do other than go for the routine "movie and/or dinner". Funny thing is - we always go to Sherwood Park for our fun! We used to karaoke alot in our "dating" phase, but alas, that is the bar scene and we don't do that anymore! They need to have a place for "married-non-bar-daters" don't ya think? Actually, tell you what - let's send around an email or people can post to your blog - submitting top 5 "things" to do for when you're married and in a date "funk". I like that!

    Dreena

    ReplyDelete