So, this past week, the kids were sick. First Joshua, with a fever, and complaining of a sore throat. His fever lasted about 36 hours. Just when his broke, Dustin came down with a fever, and wouldn't eat much, cried a lot, wouldn't nurse. Poor guy. His fever lasted about 24 hours, but he was still grumpy for another day.
Well, then it was my turn. Let me tell you, those kids are little troupers, if they had anything like what I'm going through. The fever, aches, headache, dizziness, and sore throat were quite the little 'sickness'! Everything has gone except my sore throat. Since Joshua and Dustin seem to have returned to normal, but mine is just getting worse, I decided to go see my doctor today.
Well, it's *just* a virus. An appetite-sucking, canker-inducing virus!! Now, I never NEVER get canker sores. I thought I was just getting little red bumps in the back of my throat. Then I started getting them in the sides of my cheeks. I have about 7 or 8 that I can actually see, but I can feel more irritation farther down the back of my throat. I can hardly swallow, eating is incredibly painful, and drinking something cool and soothing provides but a moment's relief.
I know I'm complaining. But I never get cankers. The ones in the sides of my cheeks, I could probably tolerate, but seriously, these ones in the back of my throat are just HORRID! It burns...
Anyway, yeah. Probably the second biggest annoyance (second to the irritation) is that this virus wiped the kids and I out for several days...meaning that I lost several days' worth of packing time. So, now I'm in crunch mode again. Good grief. *sigh*
I must head to bed. I'm exhausted. Busy day tomorrow. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment