So, here I am again. Since my last post, we've already had over $1500 in expenses to fix the previous owners' messes, with another $1500-$2000 before it's all said and done and fixed. And then the carpet goes in after that.
Our house is still a disaster. I desperately want to be unpacked!
Yesterday was Graeme's birthday. I surprised him in town and took him to Montana's with the kids for dinner. We got out of there with about 3 minutes to spare before one of the kids melted down. You just know when you're about to reach *critical mass*. We got Graeme a hammock for his birthday - he and I set it up last night after the littles were in bed - we had a fabulous time!! It's a double hammock - for two people, but I have to lose about 30 pounds before our combined weight makes us "legal" for the weight restrictions of the hammock. :) BUT, it's a very cool hammock. Something totally out of left field - something we could never use in town - something just PERFECT for relaxing outside on our acreage!
I just found out a friend has a blind baby - could be genetic, not sure yet. They will find out at the end of the month. Matthew may never see.
Graeme's grandfather had a heart attack, followed by an angiogram where they couldn't do the angioplasty so they had to do triple-bypass surgery. Recovery has not been smooth, and it seems like Graeme's parents have to be "on" the nurses & doctors constantly to diagnose this symptom or that.
Our pastor had a heart attack on Sunday. He had an angioplasty done on Sunday night/Monday morning. Was recovering nicely. Then - wham - a stroke hit him early this morning. It's pretty severe - it affected the side of the brain that controls movement and speech, etc. The next 72 hours are critical. He's only 48 (or thereabouts - definitely younger than 50) years old.
I guess my "house woes" are small in comparison to these things. God, may You put things into perspective for me once again. Your hand is bigger than my basement. Your hand is bigger than Pastor Rick's stroke. Your love is bigger than my insufficiencies. Your strength is stronger than a broken heart. Your grace will be sufficient for this day - for Your love is better than all this life has to offer. Bless...protect...heal...God, You are still in the miracle business...may Your will be done....
No comments:
Post a Comment