I am pleased to announce that...
We are NOT having a puppy!! Meaghan has now declared, upon hearing the heartbeat once again, that there is indeed a real BABY in Mommy's tummy! As soon as I sat up, she laid herself on the sofa and demanded that I palpate for her baby, too. What a girl!!
I pulled Joshua from school - picked him up right before lunch hour, and had him back around 1 p.m. - he hardly missed anything. I had his teacher's full approval. On our way back to school, I asked him if he enjoyed coming and if he's like to come again. He seemed fairly disconnected for most of the appointment, but declared in the van that it was "really cool" to hear the heartbeat and watch the midwife take my blood pressure and feel the position of the baby. He does want to come again.
Dustin was a bit of a handful.
I think next time, I want to go alone. It might be more relaxing that way. I'll take Joshua with me another time.
My midwife is also expecting another baby - due about 7 weeks after me! She has added a new midwife to her practice as well, so there will be no shortage of hands when I go into labour.
Anyway - yeah. No puppy. Just a sweet little squirmy baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment