Sunday, March 6, 2011

Emotional

I feel fragile.

I had an incredibly productive day yesterday, having gone to bed satisfied with my efforts and the results.

This morning started off fine also - I knew we would be out both before lunch (for church) and before supper (small group), and so I was efficient at getting two meals into crock pots so that we could come home and eat straightaway.

The kids were happy enough, and today's church service was *really good*.

But I was emotional, fragile, and a wreck much of the day.

Could be the constant contractions (to the tune of 2-5 per hour... two of those can be accounted for by the fact that I have a contraction every.single.time.i.pee.  Not kidding.)  It was like this with Meaghan, too, in the last 2-3 months.

Could be the sleep... though I am sleeping better now that the kiddoes are finally a bit healthier.  Maybe 8 hours of relatively uninterrupted sleep (aside from peeing and consequent contractions) still isn't enough?

Could be that I'm feeling a little more cumbersome these days, and everything that falls to the floor is starting to stay there.  My ribs are starting to split again (at the sternum) to make more room for Baby.  I'm thankful that it's taken this long to become painful; with the first two, it started around 5 months; with Meaghan around 6 months.  Makes sleeping very uncomfortable.

And I still have 8-11 weeks left?

I am trying to count my blessings... happy kids, health has returned and I avoided falling ill (somehow!!!), Baby's crib is read for him/her, housework is mostly under control, an amazing small group with solid friends who are all also struggling in different areas of life but who are also very supportive of each other and willing to pray for each other, and good friends for my kids.

With these thoughts, and praise to a God who loves me in spite of myself and cares about my trivialities, I am going to bed a little earlier than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment