Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Books and Pneumonia and Spencer and some other random stuff.

Trying to discipline at 7 in the morning when you can't breathe because every time you talk brings on a coughing fit... not a good start to the week.  Can't wait for this ridiculous pneumonia to pass.

What are some good book series for boys?  Joshua is 7, but reads at a ridiculous grade level - the boy has no limits any more.  However, just because he *can* read something doesn't mean that he's emotionally ready for some things... he inhales Hardy Boys and such, but even that at this age concerns me a little.  I need ideas for some age-appropriate novels that are also challenging enough for him to read.

I may have mentioned this before, but I'm thinking of writing a letter to someone...about their deliberate absence in my life... freeing myself from the bondage of their silence but also giving them a chance to be part of it all if they want...

Spencer is experimenting with all kinds of lovely sounds... "ooooo" and 'ba ba ba' and, my personal favourite, "ma ma".  He is now pulling up on things and gets the 'victory grin' when he succeeds in pulling something out of a bin that was thought to be too high for him to reach.

I saw a doctor again yesterday - pneumonia is still stuck here.  A new antibiotic with the caution that if this doesn't work, off to the hospital for IV antibiotics I go.  Because really, I had nothing more fun planned for February.

So... about those book ideas for Joshua?  Hit me!

1 comment:

  1. No ideas for books here :(

    You could always write the letter you are thinking of, hold it awhile & then decide if you still want to send it...

    ReplyDelete