1. I am feeling human again.
2. I have played basketball 3 weeks in a row now, and haven't injured anything. And, I'm getting stronger. My breathing isn't as affected as it was before. I still have a bit of a cough from the pneumonia, but it's residual. I'm starting to be able to keep up a little again. And, I'm even sinking some shots.
3. I know it seems silly, but yesterday, for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long, I cleaned ALL four bathrooms, top to bottom, including floors and the yucky bases around the toilets, and the baseboards. It felt really good to do them all in one day. Usually I tackle the two little ones, then call it a day... leaving the bigger bathrooms to do on separate days when I've got a little extra time.
4. Skiing season is over, I think. My last ski of the season was last Saturday, with some of Graeme's co-workers who had invited me. It was HARD - they are GOOD!! - but it was an excellent challenge and helped me get stronger.
5. Spencer is starting to "dance." By "dance," I mean "wiggle" when music is playing. It's so stinking cute. I can't believe he's 10 months old. I really need to get onto completing - writing - his birth story. It's mostly done, but I just want to edit a little.
6. Spencer is also starting to sleep more at night. He's had approximately 6 nights out of the last 10 or so that he's slept for 10-12 hours straight. I'm sure this correlates highly to point number one above.
7. With the melting snow comes the itch to run again... might even attempt that half-marathon again that I did two years ago. I'm a little behind on training already, though, with the medical setbacks, but hopefully I can regain my health quickly!
That's all for now... I could add a few more, but then I would have to re-title this post, and it just wouldn't be the same then...
It's 10:10. I'm going to bed. Really. Early, hey? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment