Well, obviously I missed the "Merry Christmas" part of the greeting. It's been a while since I've had a chance to blog at all, so here I am again. Finally.
It's been *good* here lately. We had a good Christmas, and have had some fun times with family and with friends. I got to play the Wii for the first time on Christmas day, and a couple days later, Jordan & Carly brought their Wii over to our house and we had Curtis & Darcy over as well for Wii, popcorn, chocolate, diet pepsi, and cookies. We also got a new game, Jungle Speed, which involves, you guessed it, speed (not the kind you buy on a street corner), a totem pole, and engaging in a battle with opponents who have the same symbol on their card as you do. Such fun!! :) Joshua & Dustin got spoiled rotten, BUT I am pleased with the restraint *certain* grandparents exercised when it came to gifts for the boys this year.
I can hardly believe that the New Year is almost upon us already. I am looking forward to planning another year - Graeme and I are going to make some changes to the way we do "life", and we're pretty excited. It's a new season, and changes can be good!
I also had a chance to grieve with a friend today who recently lost her 17-week (in utero) baby just before Christmas. It was a baby girl - they named her Quinn - Mama is doing fine, but it's a tough loss. The coroner (I think it was) suspected kidney failure in the baby. This would have been her fifth child. God is faithful - He is her Comforter and her Rock. It always amazes me when women can be so strong through something like this. I mean, it's not like they're emotionless, actually, quite the contrary - they're seeing that it's OK to grieve and love that little one that much of the world says isn't even a "human" yet. I think there is strength in grieving and pressing into God.
My next post will hopefully have some pictures in it! It's been too long since I've posted pictures - they just take SO long with dial-up!!
G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment