Today is just an ordinary day.
Kids got up early. Dustin was a ham. Came out of his room, came to see that we were still in bed, went back to his room. Repeat a dozen times over a half-hour span. He was singing and playing. Joshua also joined in the fray. Dustin always hits the floor running in the morning.
After breakfast, during which Dustin almost choked, Daddy wrestled with Joshua while I read Dustin 4 books. Goodnight Moon is a favorite right now, as is Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? Dustin was Eeyore-ish after his breakfast sputter, so he was more than content to snuggle and read with me. The boys definitely exhanged roles today - usually Joshua is the reader and Dustin is the crazy one.
Doing some laundry. Much-needed laundry. I have my timer set upstairs so that I actually remember to go down and change the loads, otherwise time gets away from me and before I know it, the day has gone by with only one or two loads done. That's not helpful.
Went out to deadhead plants. Got the kids in on the action. Joshua did very well. He accidentally chopped one live flower off (I let him use my little pruning scissors), but he got ALL the dead heads. Pretty good. Then, there was Dustin. He didn't dead-head. He live-headed. Oh well. All my pretty yellow flowers are now in a bucket, and all the dead heads are still on the plant. Got all my weeding done this morning, too.
The kids are monster-eaters today. For their 10:00 snack, they each ate two small bananas - I cut them in half lengthwise and spread peanut butter on them, then cut them into chunks. The bananas were small, so I was OK with them each having 2. But then, they ate yogurt and crackers on top of all of that!
Supper is in the crock pot. After spending over 2 hours in the kitchen making dinner last night, I'm opting for a crock-pot day today.
My to-do list is long today. I need to clean the bathrooms - that's the biggest thing today. I wonder at what age you can set a child to scrubbing toilets? For now, he gets to do countertops for me. Mirrors, not so much. :)
The most *fun* thing on my list today is to run through the sprinkler... it's supposed to be a hot one again. I know that a lot of people are complaining that we haven't had much of a summer, but I can't really handle the heat very well (I tend to get very dizzy and almost pass out). So I've actually enjoyed the "cooler" summer. The hotter days, not so much. But I will enjoy the sprinkler with the boys today!
Better get on to cleaning those toilets while the kids are playing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment