Monday, August 17, 2009

Holidays

I can't help but feel like I'm still on holidays. Even though life is still going on - I'm washing diapers, doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, unpacking, etc - I feel such peace around me in so many ways.

This past weekend was a good example again. We had family over for Graeme's birthday cake on Friday night (I'd made an ice cream cake). On Saturday, we went to some friends' house for a backyard pool party, that just happened to fall on Graeme's actual birthday. The kids all had a blast sliding down the giant inflatable waterslide a gazillion times, and we all ate very very well. I love this particular group of friends; although there are no Christians in the group aside from Graeme and I, we can all hang out together, have meaningful conversation, and have a rip-roaring good time... all without the presence of alcohol or other mind-altering substances.

Then, last night, we had the G-squared birthday bash. Graeme & Carissa came over (we found out a few months ago that Graeme & Graeme have the exact same birthday) for a bbq and ice-cream cake. We also found out last night that both Graemes are left-handed, and both of them love ice-cream cake as a first choice for birthday cakes. We're considering doing a DNA test to see if they're related in some weird way. We also played Jungle Speed - a not-well-known game, but SO much fun! It's a card game requiring keen eyes and fast hands. Graeme W. had to go take a phone call halfway through one of our games, so the rest of us took the opportunity to put the expansion pack (even crazier cards) into the mix. When we resumed play, Graeme W. had no clue... Carissa and I were giggling like idiots, and Graeme L. was making all sorts of puns... finally Graeme W. clued in and we had a good laugh over it. Another couple - mutual friends of all of us - came over for dessert and fellowship but had to leave before we started playing games. I just felt like I was in my groove. Hosting, laughing, cooking, discussing... it was good.

Worship yesterday was unbelievable. I had the privilege of leading worship again with Lynette and 3 other guys. Although she is technically the "leader", she doesn't like singing lead most of the time and therefore sings alto. I sing lead. And yesterday - through no credit of my own - I was blown out of the water and the worship was amazing. I could actually hear people singing. Hungering for God. I stopped singing at one point because it was just so powerful. This is a straight-laced Baptist church, but the people opened their hearts yesterday to God's goodness. It was incredible. I love watching people respond to the Spirit of God.

Today Joshua is at day camps again. This will be his first week without naps ALL week long. He is over 5 years old but still requires naps most days. We'll see how he handles himself this week. It could get ugly. :) I hope it doesn't, though. Dustin is off having an adventure at Gramma & Grampa's house, leaving me alone with Meggie. She is such a dollie.

Anyway.... enough rambling. Must get some phone calls, unpacking, and erranding done!

No comments:

Post a Comment