Friday, September 11, 2009

For Jen

Hey Jen -

I just saw your post about Kellan and his desire to *not* nap.

We had the same problem with Joshua when he was just shy of 9 months old. It's just too much fun to stay awake!

Eventually I toughened myself up and let him "learn" how to soothe himself to sleep.

He cried, and cried, and cried... it's so hard to listen to them...

And a few minutes later he got so mad and tired that he fell asleep.

Like this.



















I actually won a contest with this picture. Just some online thing, no prizes or anything, but it sure caught the attention of a *lot* of people!

He became a much better sleeper almost immediately after that. :)

Good luck, Jen!! You do know what's best for him...the trick is convincing Kellan of the same!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa - I'm a friend of Jen's, and when i saw your comment on her blog, i was curious to come read your post to her about this no-napping thing.
    such a hilarious picture of your little guy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my friend Kelly - she's great!

    Bahahah! Such a great picture!!!
    Thanks for the whole post dedicated to me! :)

    ReplyDelete