What did I learn in 2006?
- that love can be unconditional (I learned this from my children).
- that you can pray and pray for something, and God still might say "no", and that He really has our best interests at heart.
- that I am powerless on my own.
- that I need people in my life - strong people, people who aren't afraid to be vulnerable, people who will support me and also receive support from me.
- that relationships are super important!
- that my flesh is very very weak (and I'm not talking muscle here!)
- that sometimes you can't fix broken bridges and that not everybody wants to work on mending fences
What do I hope to accomplish in 2007?
- I want to read through the entire Bible in a year. I've never done this, and it's about time!
- I want to lose weight (I'll keep the numbers to myself, thank you very much!)
- I want to build friendships that will stand the test of time and distance.
- I want to become closer to God.
- I want to become ever-closer to my children and husband.
- I want to be known as a woman who has a head on her shoulders, not a "Pell-Mell"
- I don't want to be sick anymore. Or tired. I want to be healthy again!
- I want to learn how to love unconditionally, even more than I already know.
- I want to learn more patience.
- I want to become a woman of influence!
I'm sure I could go on and on, but those are the things that come to mind.
We had a great Christmas, albeit a little on the busy side! I put too much on my plate - trying to rebuild our office, completing way too many Christmas cards for the pharmacy - so I went into Christmas Eve and beyond a little frazzled. Not upset or gloomy, just a bit frazzled. But it was a good time - it was simpler because I had no time to fuss over the details that just didn't matter! We spent New Year's Eve with Don & Shari, Jon & Jess, Darryl & Tanya, and four munchkins (Zack, Josh, Dustin, and Rory). We put the kiddies to bed. We put Joshua and Dustin in the same room. We knew we were in for an adventure. Joshua had a bit of trouble falling asleep. At one point he came out of the room where he and Dustin were sleeping, and Don, who is about 6'4" and a high-school teacher, said something to the effect of, "Shouldn't you be in bed?" And Tanya said that Joshua got these big saucer-eyes and went back into his room. Don wasn't exactly what Joshua was expecting when he tried to escape! Fun fun fun! Good times.
ARGH! I can't post pictures tonight!! Maybe next time....
G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment