When all else fails...
when circumstances around you are unstable...
when people frustrate you to no end...
when unforeseen problems arise...
when situations are out of your control...
Whom do you trust?
I've just had a recurring thought this week - a thought that's always in the back of my mind, and one that I live by daily - and it's this:
When circumstances around me are unstable,
when people frustrate me to no end,
when unforeseen problems arise,
and when situations are out of my control,
I trust in the unfailing love of God my Savior.
I see people - even Christians - around me, fretting about this and that, worrying about how someone else's child is going to turn out, wanting to control everyone else's every move, and worrying about money when they've got loads in the bank, and I think to myself, "I'm SO glad I can rest in the love of God my Savior!" Sure, people frustrate me, and situations arise that have the potential to be all-consuming and sleep-depriving, BUT I am comforted by my all-knowing, ever-present Heavenly Father.
Therefore, I will not fear. I will not become restless. I will not become frustrated or anxious. God's timing, His strength, His wisdom, and His care are ever with me. I don't have all the answers, but I do know that God is sovereign and will meet my every need - physical, emotional, financial, relational.
I encourage you to do the same. Surrender. Simply rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment