So last night, I went to our church's women's event called Diva on a Dime. It was a salad buffet - oh my GOODNESS, it was amazing!! Anyway, after dinner but before the presentation, they had door prize draws. There were all sorts of things, from candles to cookies to a beach umbrella and everything in between. I told the lady sitting next to me, "I wonder what I'll win this time? Because I always win something!" She laughed. There were 300 women there, and around 15 or so door prizes.
Well, the last of the door prizes went, and my name wasn't called.
Then the mc pulled out this little red gift bag, and from it, pulled out a set of 3 CD's from NAME Canada (National Association of Marriage Enhancement), of which the Canadian Directors attend our church. They have a yearly conference at our church. Anyway, it's huge. I was thinking, "This is my last chance!"... and it wasn't me. :(
But THEN!! She pulled out a little scroll from the bag. Tied with purple ribbon. And I won the scroll!!
Wanna know what was in it?
A free couple's registration to the annual NAME 3-day conference in November!!! The value is $150, so I was pretty thrilled.
Gotta love it.
And I was actually sitting next to a lady who, with her husband, is one of the NAME marriage counsellors in the area. Too funny. Too.... God! :)
I thought I'd leave you with some of my more recent artwork... well, about 2 months old, anyway, but I thought it's been a while since I posted some pix of my creations. I made these, among about 80 others, for my camp's annual fundraising banquet & silent auction. (I put them all in a set - could you imagine actually bidding on 80 individual cards!!??!!)
This one has a shiny powder called pearl-ex painted in on the butterfly - you can't see it, but it's really there! Then the ribbon added in behind the main piece just made it even more girly.

I made four of these - two boy and two girl - I stamped the main image in black, colored it in with markers, and then 'spotlighted' the baby's head - embossed with clear embossing powder - and then brayered (covered) the entire piece of cardstock with blue ink. The result is a highlighted head, and a muted body, but you can still see the baby. And there are some blue giraffes stamped in the background on the bottom half of the blue-brayered cardstock. I did this on shiny cardstock. It was a really cute card - I really hesitated to give it away!!

This was Dustin's birthday invitation - I doubled it up and made a happy-birthday card for the auction.

Here are my sweeties... they're just tooooo cute! Love 'em - I am SO blessed!
oooo, make that baby one for me!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteWoah! 80 cards!?? That must've taken a lot of work... or do you get in a groove? i can't believe how big Joshua looks. They truly are handsome little boys, you bless'ed momma :)
ReplyDeletep