Monday, September 8, 2008

Frustrations

So, Graeme is supposed to have a new tech starting today.

The tech is supposed to take over my job of robin hood blisterpacking.

She has been delayed twice coming from BC.  The first time had to do with her movers being a week behind schedule.  The last one had to do with her husband winding up in the hospital with pneumonia and her son breaking her arm.

She has said that she is not reachable by phone, and the only way she can communicate with Graeme is by e-mail.  Graeme's second-to-last e-mail to her outlined that he expects her to find a better way to touch base rather than e-mail - 'cuz really, with today's technology... there are payphones out there, at least!!

Anyway, she still e-mailed (3 days after Graeme's e-mail) to say she would still like to start, and that she would contact him at 4:00 p.m. or that he could call her to confirm.  I immediately told him to wait for her to follow through on her end of the bargain.  He didn't want to wait, but understood my reasoning.

Did she phone?  Nope.  I even told Graeme to give her an hour's grace because maybe she didn't know about the time change.

By 7:00 Graeme had tried to phone her 3 times, with no luck.  She had also not tried to get ahold of him.

No e-mail, either.

This ruined most of Graeme's day yesterday.  We are disheartened, disappointed, and I'm just downright miffed at the whole situation.  The nerve... if she had no intention of following through, then she should've let us know.  We could've been looking for someone else.  The lack of commitment she has made to keep her word to call us is appalling... now if she shows up for work this morning, will we even want to keep her on?  This is NOT a good impression... and it means that until he finds someone, I'll be working evenings to do the work, as my Tuesdays are running out (Joshua starts preschool and I start Bible study).

Must go.  The boys woke up too early today - like 6:20 - and I am already irritated.  And I know Graeme is just miffed, too.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment