Sunday, September 7, 2008

Goofy boys


We got these special glasses at Cineplex last night when we went to view the 3D presentation of "Journey to the Centre of the Earth".  It was a pretty good flick, actually - better than I was expecting, anyway.  It helped that we had two free movie coupons as well as a gift card so we got in for free, pretty much.  At the price of movies and snacks these days, every little thing helps!!

The boys found the glasses today and posed for me...

Yesterday we had a date day. Our first in ages!!  We dropped off the kids at Gramma's house around 9:00, and headed into the city around 9:30 to start our date with erranding  (fun, fun, I know).  Our first stop was to South Common, where we had to buy Joshua a new carseat.  He's getting too big for his regular seat, so we upgraded him to a booster seat - he's feeling like such a big boy, now, being able to wear an "adult" seatbelt!!  We also got some track pants that were much needed for Graeme, and I bought a couple pairs of exercise shorts.

We then stopped at a couple of fireplace shops on Calgary trail - we're considering changing our drafty not-so-easy-to-light wood insert to a gas insert... but we don't have the money.  I suppose we'll just have to smoke the house out a few more times before we learn to do the wood one right.  Let me tell you, it's a far cry different from the wood stove I lit during most of my upbringing!!  

Then it was off to Kingsway - I needed a new swimsuit.  My old one still functions to an extent... however, I am starting swimming lessons on Wednesday and my old suit isn't so much for swimming as it is for bathing.  Big difference.  I went out on Friday night briefly to Southgate to check things out, and came home disappointed, of course, although I did have an idea of a couple of suits that might work.  So we headed up to Kingsway on Saturday to the same store, where I pulled the two suits from the rack to show Graeme.  The sales associate stopped me and asked me what I was intending on using them for (ummm... swimming?)... and she told me that a better and longer-lasting suit would be over *here*... and within 15 minutes I found something that fit, covered well, and felt good.  This is absolutely unheard of!!  Usually it takes me a good couple of hours, lots of frustration, and multiple trips to various places.  *whew!*

After that, the *real* date started.  We went to the River Valley - stopped at a park near downtown - and then biked for about 2 1/2 hours.  It was a really perfect afternoon for riding!!  So relaxing - I felt like one happy woman.  It was really nice.

Came home, showered, went to dinner at Boston Pizza (yum!), went for a long walk since we had a ton of time before the movie started, then went to the movie.  Came home around midnight, just in time to fall into bed for a few hours before heading over to Gramma & Grampa's to have breakfast with the boys (the only way they would spend the night last night was if we promised them we'd come and have breakkies with them).

The hunt for a new church is proving interesting and challenging.  :(  

This week - a busy week!  Prison Break is on tomorrow night, I work on Tuesday after accompanying Joshua to his preschool orientation in the morning (i'll get to stay with him), and on Wednesday I have an appointment (nothing serious, just routine), a registration date for Joshua & Wee College, and my first swimming lesson!!  

I think I can breathe on Thursday.

And on Friday... I get to go away for the weekend!  Alone!!  I know I'll miss Graeme and the kids like crazy, but I am kind of going crazy.  (Paige, I don't know how you do it, honestly!)  I am going to a Christian retreat centre near Cochrane from Friday afternoon till Sunday night.  I need some time to gather myself, spend some uninterrupted time with God, and do some planning before the busy year ahead.  I want to come home with a vision of how I want this next year to operate.  Right now I feel like I'm operating day to day and week to week, and I want more than that!  I also plan on bringing maybe some scrapbooking stuff.  The best part is the price...  any hotels or whatever that I looked at would cost me $80-$100+ per night, plus I'd have to make meals and such.  This whole thing is costing me only $159 which includes two nights' accommodations, 5 meals, and all the relaxation a body could want!!  I'm really looking forward to it...

I'll check in later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment