Today, I gave in.
I could no longer contain myself.
I kissed my son's cheeks. It had been over 7 weeks since I've been able to lay my lips on Spencer's cheeks, and I've been aching over it. He has made SUCH an improvement over the last few days, and I could no longer resist the calling of his sweet, soft, beautiful cheeks. He's not 100% perfect, but really, really good... good enough for me to 'risk' whatever it is that's left to risk. He looks amazing. Like a completely different kid.
I smothered him in about a hundred kisses. He will get a hundred more before the day is done. Maybe two hundred.
And he laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and giggled hysterically... and got mad when I stopped... oh, how I will never take kissing a sweet baby's cheeks for granted ever again.
So precious. I'm so thankful.
awesome!!! I was feeling like that too with E's HFMD blisters on his mouth. FINALLY when they were gone and i could kiss his sweet lips, i did over and over and over and over... :)
ReplyDeletekeep kissing!
Love it!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for you!
ReplyDelete