Thursday, October 13, 2011

Scary moments

So...

...last night...

Spencer had been in bed for his third nap of the day.  This particular nap has been becoming shorter and shorter, and last night was no exception.  After about 45 minutes, he started to stir.  I was in the middle of folding laundry or something, so I just let him play contentedly in the dark for a few minutes.

At least I thought he was playing.  He sounded happy!

Suddenly, he started crying.

Not just an "I'm lonely, someone come and get me" cry... but an all-out "I'm HURT!" cry.

I went up, and the first thing I saw was blood on his sheet.  Just a little bit - a toonie-sized spot.  Probably from him scratching his own face because he's irritated.  No matter, he's only been upset for 30 seconds.  Not a big deal.


Then I picked him up.

And then I saw... the entire bottom half of his face was covered in blood... and the entire top half of his shirt... and an area on his sheet that he'd been laying on about the size of a football.  Soaked through the sheet and the mattress pad.


Seriously?


Poor kid.  Apparently his playing was not just innocent playing... he'd been a little busy, but finally dug deeply enough to draw a significant amount of blood.

My ten loads of laundry from yesterday had just become eleven.

My poor sweetie... he really can't stand himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment