It doesn't show up super-good in detail, but I did some distressing, lots of embossing, lots of direct-to-paper, etc. I also made a black "faux metal" piece, and used pearl-ex to shade in the lines of the sleeping baby - and in real life it looks quite amazing. Then I finished it off with ribbon and buttons - now I just have to get a proper hook to put on the door so I can hang this sign up when my munchies are sleeping! I guess you'll have to swing by for a visit if you want to see the real deal and not just a picture of the real deal!Today is a "regular" sort of a day - well, not really, I guess! The "regular" stuff such as laundry...dishes...etc...but I also accomplished some other stuff already - I'm painting a mirror and some picture frames to stamp up and see how they turn out. And tonight is THE NIGHT!! What night, you ask? Well, not quite as romantic as spending the evening on a candle-lit beach dinner with Graeme, but it's the next best thing, I think.
Nope, tonight is girls' night!! A group of us have been trying to get together for home-made pizza for a while. The menu: home-made bbq (or is it tropical? I can't remember) chicken pizza, chicken wings of some sort (I think honey garlic), caesar's salad, cookie dough brownies, sweet'n'salty popcorn, and drinks of some kind, non-alcoholic, of course.
Then, they are going to teach me how to play dominoes! My experience with dominoes is limited to standing 'em up in a pretty little pattern and then knocking the end one down and watching them all fall.... I've been told you haven't lived until you've played a rip-roarin' game of dominoes!
Well, back to the "regular" until tonight....but even the "regular" is rewarding. Clean bibs? Oooh yeah, baby!
Have a gooder!
The 'sleeping baby' sign is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in real life! Is your front door metal? You could just hang it with a magnet. Or a suction cup stuck to the glass on the screen door. (I've never had a wood door that I could put a hook in, can you tell?! I've had to come up with all other kinds of creative ways to hang stuff.)
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoyed the "rip-roarin'" game of dominoes! It was, wasn't it?! :-)
Now I HAVE TO make homemade pizza...since I copped out. My excuse was a good one though right? Make sure next time - because now there HAS TO be a next time - that I don't have a workshop the night before! What was I thinking???? LOL
ReplyDeleteD