Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Flyin' High

So, did I ever tell you about "the kite"? Well, Graeme and I attended a fundraiser banquet for Pioneer Bible camp a couple of weekends ago. Graeme saw this kite in a tube and thought, "Oh! That would be AWESOME for Joshua!" My first thought was, "Yeah, right, buddy, it's for YOU!"

Well, finally it got windy enough one day that we could take the kite out. I think it might've been Friday or maybe Saturday. Anyway, it was SOOO much fun! I even got to fly the 'fighter jet'. I got the most string out - it was so gusty and the kite was so big it couldn't handle the gusts, so it often did loop-de-loops and crashed. But at any rate, I also misjudged the length of line I had out, and when the kite crashed, it crashed right into a tree. No big deal, though - I could just climb the tree! But alas, the wind pushed the kite out of the tree before I had a chance to actually get to the tree. I was somewhat saddened. :(

Anyway, here are some kite-flying pix. You can see how big this thing is! It was fun - my first time flying a kite!

In other news, my Dusty is sick again. He had a fever for 2 days, and then yesterday afternoon I felt a bump behind his ear. Thought that maybe Joshua just whacked him by accident. Well, in the middle of the night, I found 4 or 5 more. Took him to the doc this a.m, it's just swollen lymph nodes, but the doctor also found a really deep respiratory infection. *sigh* At least Dustin's been a lot happier today! He was really quite miserable yesterday, but today was a fun day with my wee man. Antibiotics were prescribed, in hopes and suspicions that it's a bacterial infection. It could be viral, though, in which case Dustin might get worse before he gets better.

Well, that's all for now - I'm just working my way around the house, methodically picking up and tidying as I go!

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Those kite pics are cute and will be fun to scrap!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete