Monday, May 7, 2007

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Whew - I just finished a 10K row (plus a 5-minute warmup and post-workout stretching). I feel GOOD!

I started the day with a migraine. You might wonder if I was crazy, going for a row after a day like today! Well, I didn't work out yesterday, but really wanted to today.

Yup, so I woke with a migraine. Haven't had a full-blown migraine since Daysland. Nursed Dustin, then laid him back in his crib, hoping he'd go back to sleep long enough so I could grab a shower and pray that my headache went away.

Just as I was laying Dustin back in his crib (it was 'late', 7:00 a.m. - he was ready to start his day, but I wasn't), Joshua woke up. I figured he'd be good to play in his room for a few minutes. And that Dustin wasn't likely to sleep again, but he could at least play in his crib. So I got my shower, and still felt worse afterwards. It was so bad I thought I was going to puke.

My doctor suspected (from a previous appointment) that I might be tending towards these silly things again, so he gave me a 'sample' of a fast-acting migraine pill called Amerge. I was glad to have it on hand. After calling my friendly neighborhood pharmacist *hee hee, that'd be Graeme* to ask about potential interactions and such, I was told I should just take the thing. I'm glad I did. I had a busy morning ahead which included other people besides my kids depending on me to make the day 'work'. Within an hour the edge had been taken down and I could at least function.

By around 1 p.m. I was feeling mostly better, but just exhausted. I was so thankful that both boys had long naps - I was able to get a 2-hour nap myself (forget about the housework today!) and woke up feeling like a new person, pretty much. Thank you, Amerge, Advil, and Tylenol! :) (Actually, it's more like, "Thank you, God!")

So yeah, it was a busy, intense day, and I was really looking forward to some exercise. I felt like I paced myself well, and I felt really strong even up to 6000m. Faded around 7,000, though, but mentally pushed through it and finished well. Unfortunately, blisters have now appeared on my hands - I've lost my tough farm-girl hands! :(

Time to finish unwinding and head to bed - busy day again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment