Tuesday, July 28, 2009

?

Just because you *can* do something, and do it well, does it mean you should? And how do you know the difference?


4 comments:

  1. Good questions! I think everyone struggles with this. There are different "seasons of life" and right now when you have 3 small children, you can't do everything, even if you are or would be good at it. I found I really had to limit what was on my agenda at that stage of my life, while still doing a little "volunteering" at church and school, and a few hobbies / activities just for my well own well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it wasn't about me... although I've definitely had that season of being burned out. Problem is, because I've seen it happen in myself, I can recognize the danger signs more easily in someone else.... and it's sad & heartwrenching to see them do it to himself and his family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope - doesn't mean that you should. That's where *priorities* come in. You have to look at your life & ask God what He requires of you. Sometimes it's hard stuff that feels like it will burn you out - i think we have to be willing to dig in & do it... & sometimes He requires us to take a step back & not "do" even though we'd love to & totally feel up to the challenge... Mel, i think it's all about listening to that "still small voice".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hard part is when *others* strongly believe that you *should* be doing that something when you know it is the season to hold yourself back... i am easily dragged into guilt even when it's misplaced. -j

    ReplyDelete