Monday, March 1, 2010

Aloha!

Meaghan is having a rough time getting to her afternoon nap.

We had a tsunami evacuation while we were here.

We ate at a place called Bubba Gump's today.

The waves and surf are incredible to watch.

I went for a 1 1/2 mile walk on the beach this morning while Meggie napped.

The wind is incredible; we've had one *good* day here since we arrived.  Now, it's wind, rain, and more wind.  Not exactly the nice hot Hawaii I was thinking existed...

But I am still thankful to be here.  It's beautiful, just not the perfect weather.  The whole tsunami thing really threw a kink into our plans, too!  :)

I want to:  go for a run on the beach before I leave, go take some amazing pictures of some surfers up the coast, lay on the beach at least one more time (oh, Mr. Sun, won't you please come out to stay?), and go on a whale-watching tour.  I'd love to go snorkelling, too, but I can't see without my glasses, and so there's really no point.  :)

Time to try and get Meaghan down for that nap again.  Graeme is out laying in the few rays of sunshine that are upon us; we take turns while M is napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment