So now that the Maui Chronicles are over, I guess I get to move into "real" life again!
Here's a mish-mash...
We have hopefully now come out of the other end of a bad biting phase with Miss Meaghan, who thought it would be fun to use Momma's breast as a teething toy. This has, by far, been the most traumatic, stressful, and sad thing I've ever gone through while nursing my babies. Joshua bit for a week when he was 8 months old. Dustin lasted about 3 weeks. We were going on 3 months with Meaghan, with no end in sight. She has, however, thankfully decreased her biting to almost "non-existent". I didn't supplement with a bottle, I fed her less often (just to see if she'd become desperate, but she didn't - she would still bite!!) Towards the end, we were getting 20-30 bites a day, easily... and now, a week or so later, we are down to mayyyyybe one little nippy clamp per day. Not so bad!! I'm thankful for friends who care, who allow me to reach out in my distress and offer support, encouragement, and advice. So, thank you.
Meaghan pulls to stand now. I found her on her feet in her crib the other day. Little stinker was so proud of herself!! Time to put the crib rail up all the time now...
Meaghan finally learned to crawl on Sunday!! She's been army-crawling for a while now, but finally decided to use the knees that God gave her for higher pursuits (her wiggly little bum is SOOOO cute!)... and last night she crawled right to the edge of the stairs and decided that she'd like to crawl down them. It was only two (three?) stairs, down to the back entrance, and she went slow-motion so actually got "stuck" on the first stair. :) Kinda cute, but poor honey... I have NO idea how we're going to put baby gates up in this house. Going to require some extra money and construction... anyone notice how they don't build new houses to accommodate baby gates?
We're gearing up for the spring & summer with our church! Day camp registrations, preschool registration for Dustin, volunteering for day camps... I'm excited! On second thought, I'm not sure if I'll volunteer or not; tagging Meaghan long makes 7 hours a really, really, really long day. *sigh* I want to help, but....
Graeme is back to work - working for his old business partner, part time. Kind of a no-brainer cushy job... to tide him through, allow his brain to relax, and give him some space (and us some $$!) while he does some education and upgrading for certain pharmacy specialties and waits for such a position to open up.
Meaghan likes paperwork. Specifically, she loves the green bin full of paper under my desk, where she often sits and plays while I work. Or blog. Or facebook. :) Gotta teach her early about the value of important documents, no?
I have the boys registered for their next rounds of swimming lessons in June, as well as starting them in gymnastics in a couple of weeks. Dustin in particular is so nuts, and I fear for his safety. Hopefully learning how his body works and being trained by someone doing something creative with his body (and in a SAFE manner) will help him to play a bit safer and not *try* to constantly land on his head. Somehow, Momma telling him that he will break his neck is not deterring him.
I am going to be switching up worship teams for the next couple of months; one of the teams in our church needs a fill-in leader as their leader has two sons getting married this summer and she needs a break. No kidding, hey? Leading is not really something I'm in a "life-phase" for long-term... we just have overhauled our lives in a major way, and to just toss something else in to fill in the spaces is not going to help us. To *be* on a team is not a huge deal; someone else does the admin, picks the songs, orchestrates the rehearsals, and I just get to show up and be part of it. So anyway, I've agreed to fill in for two months, but not long-term. I don't think they're looking for anyone long-term, but it could be a possibility. I love, love, love leading worship, but if I took on leading a team long-term, it would be a case of "the right thing at the wrong time".
Joshua had Wee College grad last night - year two. Why, oh WHY do the organizers think that it's a good idea to *start* these events at 7 p.m. and run them till 9:00 (including a luncheon filled with sugar-high-inducing goodies), when many 4-6 year olds actually go to bed at, umm, 7:30? What a recipe for exhausted children. Meaghan was d-o-n-e by the time we got home. Joshua was yawning on stage during his songs, and he wasn't the only glassy-eyed kid up there. Dustin was melting into heaps all over the place, but the promise of a snack after the 1 hour and 15 minute program kept his whining at bay...
Anyway...
...the house is a mess.
...Graeme & Dustin have a playdate today with Tim & Hudson.
...Graeme has a new hobby, courtesy of Tim - flying model airplanes!
...I need to bake bread today.
...I need to work out again today.
...I hope the sun shines today so maybe I can go OUTSIDE for a run again!
Oh hey... as a tidbit... I ran 9.25 km the other evening. And, I loved it. It was slow, but I did it. I want to up that to 10K as soon as possible (I just ran out of time - we had company coming and I had 7 minutes to shower!) and then improve my time. My inspiration? You'll never guess...
Time to start my day. Back to real life! (I was online early to try and secure swimming spots for my boys. The county opens up swimming registration online at a certain time of day, and if you're not *right there*, you can't get onto the site as they only allow a certain number of users at a time. I wasn't fortunate enough to get on right away, so I sat and waited, and tried again, and waited some more... but was still fortunate enough to secure the spots I wanted for them!)
Have a blessed day. I am praying for you!
awww, you're so sweet... i'm so. so. so ready... *very big sigh*.
ReplyDelete