I'm talking about the BLAH updates. This is my 3rd last week.
I am really excited. I was hoping for a 2-lb weight loss this week, and I got 3. That makes a total of 35 lbs gone since October, and 28 for this leg of the competition.
My workouts this week were intense. I had to take it up a notch because of the Easter Fallout as well as Dustin's birthday party - my little guy turns 4 today!!! His party was on Sunday. Oh yes, and of course I had to take it up a notch because of the intense competition.... hooooo boy. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep this up!! At any rate, I put in many hours at the gym - a lot of elliptical, but also a bit of treadmill. I can't wait till the weather gets nicer and I can be OUTSIDE for my runs. I'm absolutely loving the Jacob's ladder, and am using the stairmaster to mix things up a bit, too. I hope to get more swimming in this coming week.
To think, 3 months ago, I couldn't even run to the end of the block without gasping... and now? I'm stringing together a whole lotta sub-10:00 minute miles. Not the blistering pace I want to eventually see, but the endurance is coming along nicely. Endurance first, pace second. Right? This morning I did a one-hour run, with a couple of walking breaks. Meaghan had been up early, and so I skipped to the gym, leaving Graeme in charge of getting Joshua ready for school. I had to walk for part of my workout to become Graeme's alarm clock, as I was pretty sure he hadn't set his... and good thing I called. Everyone was still snoring away!
I feel stronger. None of my clothes fit. I feel like a bit of a hobo when I'm on the platform at church leading worship, with my too-big clothes. I've already downsized once, but apparently have to do it again. I'm thankful for spring sales and Value Village!
These next couple of weeks are going to be exciting...!! EEEP! I hope I can stick it out and win it... as of today, I am back in first place, but just by the skin of my teeth. A little too close for comfort, if you ask me!! I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about winning... I wanna win just to say I did. :) Regardless, the weight loss alone, combined with the healthier lifestyle, makes me a winner already. And God thinks more of me than the number on the scale...
I can't WAIT to do before & after pictures this time around. Can't wait!! I might even post my worst 'before' pictures here, too...
...or not. You'll get my 'average' before pictures... ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment