Thursday, May 3, 2007

Lonely weekend...

Graeme is out of town for a pharmacist conference in Banff. Lucky duck...gets to go to the mountains... can't say I'm looking forward to being alone for two nights (maybe three) with the kids. I'm a suck when it comes to being alone in a big old scary house at night, especially with two vulnerable tiny children. Paige, I don't know how you do it with five littles when Neil's out of town! You're my hero!

I know that my God is mighty to protect, but still, my human nature gets the best of me sometimes.

The 'weekend alone' got off to a bang this morning. Dustin was up a lot last night (on account of being sick, or maybe on account of medication side effects), and was up at 5:00 this morning, and was completely uninterested in going back to sleep. He was up till 7:15 or so. I had to take J to gymnastics this morning, and then get some groceries before Graeme left at noon. There's nothing like starting off a weekend like this on a completely deprivation in the sleep department. *sigh*.

Ironic...I'm listening to a song we have to learn for ensemble tonight. As I typed that last sentence, the line that played was "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me / Grace can pull down strongholds of the enemy / I will stand and fight until the victory / for He's greater"

Okay, Lord, I get it now...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mel, I will be praying for you while I am at my ladies retreat this weekend. I can't stand to be left alone for the entire weekend with all the kids. Too difficult.
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete