Nursing Meaghan... it's a very family-oriented church, so it's not a big deal to be nursing in the sanctuary. I have a nursing cape and I was sitting in the back, so it wasn't like I was distracting anyone.
Sermon starts. Meaghan starts nursing. All is going very well.
Then I feel her squirming. Like, "I'm about to blow my diaper and let the whole world know I'm here."
Keeping in mind that the sermon had just started, and that babies are not exactly delicate when filling their newborn-breastfed-poop diapers, and that the preacher was not terribly loud, I decided to make a quick exit. I just really didn't want *that* kind of attention.
So I left and went to the Mother's Room to finish nursing Meaghan.
Realized that I had to pee when I got there, so I handed Meaghan off to one of the workers and announced my intentions. Mission accomplished.
Got back, finished nursing. Went to 'put myself back together' (i.e. hook up my nursing bra again), and realized that I was missing something.
Where did my nursing pad go? (I'm a leaker, and I need them for a good few months.)
Oh...I became the most frantic mom of a 6-day-old baby you've ever seen. Dug around as fast as I could; the sermon was almost done, and I figured if I had to go searching for it, that I needed to do it before the service let out. Just in case it had fallen out while I was traipsing the foyer or something (I hadn't done myself back up prior to leaving the sanctuary; just kept covered with the nursing cape).
Backtracking. OK. Not in my shirt. Didn't fall into the waistband of my pants. Not tucked into my pocket, as I have been known to do on occasion. Not on the floor of the nursery. Not in the foyer. NOT in the bathroom! ACK! My one hope was that perhaps it had fallen out on the pew next to Graeme and that he had hopefully discovered it before someone else did...
And such was the case.
I'd never lost a nursing pad before. It was a most horrid feeling; ha ha, could you imagine?? If church had let out and the thing was laying in the aisle?? My face would've turned pinker than the sleeper on my sweet baby girl...
My uncle once reached into his mother's purse during the song service at church, found a *different* kind of a pad and started waving it like a pentecostal handkie... there are always things to be thankful for!! ;)--j
ReplyDelete