Thursday, May 28, 2009

o.u.c.h.

I know someone out there can relate...I just know you can!

Little Missie had a tough evening last night.  All day, actually.  The only thing that would comfort was, umm, me.  My milk, to be exact.  By last night, she was nursing every 45 minutes again, and actually drinking a ton.  She'd burp, then want more.  Burp, more milk, please!

After about half a dozen feeds like this, she finally went down at 9:00.  Content belly.  Comforted baby.

I knew that if she decided to sleep well again last night, i.e. more than 4 or 5 hours, that I'd be in *trouble*.  

I was not *disappointed*.  She slept almost 8 hours - TOTALLY not complaining - but my breasts were.  Poor girl had trouble latching.  She only fed from one side, too, meaning that the other side is STILL waiting for her to wake up.  It's been almost 12 hours.  

Please, someone can relate, right?  Never wake a sleeping baby, but... I NEED her to wake up!!

In other news... Joshua is doing OK.  Yesterday was a bad day for his listening - lots of consequences (couldn't go to the park, got extra work to do, etc), but the first part of the week was OK.  Dustin, on the other hand, has been quite stellar, but has now (as of last night) taken to peeing on the floor.  He'll "go to the potty", but deliberately not go ON the potty.  Any suggestions for that?  Not an issue we had with Joshua, thankfully.  But this is just gross.

Hopefully today is a better day all around.  I am in a lot of pain for some reason today - cramping has returned full force, headaches are coming back (probably from nursing and looking down at sweet Baby)... but I have a Playspot to go to (it's the last of the year - pizza party - yay!) and maybe some fresh air will do us all good.  I got a few flowers planted yesterday, too - maybe the rest will get into the ground today.

I really gotta go.

7 comments:

  1. oooooh, hope she wakes up soon!!! Could you pump a bit to relieve the full side?
    I've been full....but not after super cluster-feeding then 8-12 hours! Ouchie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wake baby when it's like that. :( not fun latching onto bricks... do a bit on each side so that you aren't in lopsided pain at the next feed maybe. About the pain... i think us women get on an endorphin high sometimes after baby. We feel great and energetic... and then the natural "feel good" wears off and the reality of what we just went through finally hits us physically. Take a few days to lay low physically or you may start feeling it emotionally too. :( hugs and smooches to you.-j

    ReplyDelete
  3. About your boys... fill up the kiddie pool and let them live outside for a few days while you lay with babe out there in the fresh air and sunshine... another great boy activity at their age is purchasing a couple hammers, a pack of nails, and getting a large stump for them to hammer the nails into. Little boys LOVE this activity... just make sure the nails don't get hammered into the siding of your house haa haa!--j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a sand box for the boys? My guys played with little trucks in their sand box for hours and I like the above hammer and nails idea! My hardest week post birth was always week #3 - the excitement of the birth and adrenalin had worn off,and I was just plain tired. Take it easy and don't worry about planting those flowers - get the boys to help your husband do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say pump it and save it b/c you won't always have this much milk (at least that was my experience)and it will last for 6 months in the freezer. It's good for emergencies in case you lose your ,ilk or who knows what else or a night out :D. As for peeing on the floor very common when a new sibling comes along for kids to regress or do something to get mommy's attention off of new baby. Your doing amazingly well for having 2 small boys and a brand new baby. You'll look back and wonder how you did it.
    You're amazing!
    Tama Huth

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and one more thing I found that I would have a tremendous amount of pain if I was doing too much...you may havee the energy but your body doesn't have the stamina yet. You are doing SO MUCH!!!! just being mommy to 3 kids one of whom is a newborn...give yourself a break :D. You're doing great but do rest more you'll have years to do a lot :D.
    Tama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a creative solution to the 'peeing on the floor'... Keep a small cup of cheerios in the bathroom. Let your little guy drop one into the toilet each time he has to go and use it as a 'target'. :) Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete