Saturday, February 6, 2010

Broken record

I know, I know, I sound like a broken record...

I find these days I'm having to really *fight*.

To fight for energy - I am so exhausted I can cry at the drop of a hat.

To fight for health - I can feel parts of me 'failing' again.

To fight for peace - my mind is waging war within itself.

I have snippets of joy, but it is so overshadowed by gloom... I am overwhelmed and smothered in 'life' right now.  Boys who fight, boys with attitude, boys with unthankfulness... and I struggle to keep putting one foot in front of the other when my most gracious attempts are met with misery.

Yet I have much to be thankful for... I am losing weight, just like I wanted to... Graeme is home these days, and it's a huge help with three sick children...

We are going to Maui in a few weeks...

We have a great church...

....and yet I am feeling so alone right now.

Disconnected.

Like I'm on auto-pilot, but I can't keep up any more.  I'm a robot... yet my functions are failing and unmotivated.

How am I supposed to lead in worship or be a good wife and momma when I don't *feel* anything except oppression and suffocation?

Pressing into God, yes... but I still feel empty.  I know it's not as much about what I feel, as it is about what I *know*, but still....

Such are my ramblings... hopefully this is just sheer exhaustion continuing to seep in, and that once sleep actually happens again, the world will look like a much better place.

2 comments:

  1. awww lovey .......HUGE HUG ... many thoughts but that's not what you need. I'm praying. May God meet you where you are.
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't alone...I'm sorry you felt that way.
    Hugs!
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete