Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm going to complain again...

.... so if you're not interested, move onto the next blog.

I am tired.  What else is new?

It's not even a resentful tired... just plain tired.  My poor Meggie is so sick and congested and phlegmy and horrible... warm humidifier, cool air, saline up the nose, you name it, we've done it.  As soon as I lay her down, even to nurse, she starts gagging and choking.  Poor thing.

It's so sad.

Although I'm very much physically exhausted, I am more emotionally drained... hoping and praying she doesn't choke to death on her own mucous... I know the chances are slim, but oh, if you heard her, you'd be concerned, too....  I am worried for her, waiting for her to get better, wondering if she'll sleep at all tonight... we are both just weary.  I think that I'll probably hunker down on the sofa with her tonight, her on my chest, just so we both can get some rest.

On a positive note, she and I went out for a nice long walk tonight in the nice late afternoon air.  I put her in her Ergo, and away we went.  Almost 3 miles later, we got back home.  She loved the entire walk.  She was so happy... coughing, but happy.

Graeme has been wonderful.  He has done about 5 loads of laundry by himself today, as well as finally hung a bunch of pictures for our home.  He's a trooper.  He's the kind of guy that doesn't get caught up in the emotion of the moment, but can plug along and just get everything done.  It's a good thing.  I am basically useless right now for much more than crying and wallowing and worrying.... so it's good he's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment