Monday, March 22, 2010

Full moon

Normally my kids react a bit to the full moon.

I could've sworn today was *it*.

It isn't.  It's not for another week.

What gives?  They've fought, cried, screamed, irritated each other, and been horrible more in the first half hour today than they were all week last week.

Meaghan is screaming constantly today.  She's *off*.

I could rent 'em out.  For free.  I wouldn't even charge.

I'm a bit discouraged this week with workouts & such, too... I've been running tons - last night did a 5.99 mile run on the track at Millennium - it wasn't till I got home that I calculated the per-lap thing and found that I was just shy of a full 6 miles.  Oh yes, and then I capped it off with a 25.69 km bike ride on a level 10.  My workouts this week have all been 60-90 minutes of red-faced drippy/sweaty intensity.

And the weight is not budging this week.

I *think* it's the food this week, though am not sure.  I love having company over, but they're just not going to go for plain-jane veggies and 3 oz of meat and 1/2 cup of brown rice.  I've not been *bad* overall, so I'm just not sure what's going on!

It could be a plateau.. but really, if it's a case of "the math" like Jillian says, then I should be down a good 2 lbs this week... but I'm not.  I'm a little frustrated.  Today I'm hitting it with green tea and veggies and fruit, and we'll see if we can't get my body to wake up and loosen up!

Tomorrow will tell the tale... today is "last-chance workout" after small group tonight... must... avoid.... snacking...

3 comments:

  1. ooooh, that'll be hard with small group!! How do you like track workouts? Do you find them harder on the knees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding... everyone always makes such good snacks, but I know that my body holds extra water after desserty nights like this!!

    You know, my knees have been holding up remarkably well. I have at least one torn meniscus, and my other knee popped last fall and for a couple of months it felt like my left one *used to*. I'm supposed to have surgery on my left knee to repair the tear, but really, if I'm running and not in any significant amount of pain, then I don't see the need for surgery. My theory is that with strengthening my muscles and doing resistance training - and therefore strengthening and supporting the knee joints overall - and with losing weight, my knees shouldn't be too much of a bother.

    That being said...

    ...I love running outdoors more than anything else. The track is a distant second in my books, and the treadmill an even more distant third.

    Our track at Millennium is 235 metres - 4 1/4 laps makes 1 km, and 6.8 laps makes for one mile. It's a smooth track, and on one end of it, has an incline of about 20 metres, and then a short flat spot, then a decline of about 20 metres. I like that part - it's good for switching it up a bit.

    Ideally, I'd love to run on the grass beside the paved paths. Shin splints can be an issue for me so I have to be careful to ice them after a workout if I've got pain. Running on regular ground would be so much nicer than pavement... I loved running x-country...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, "they" say that running on a treadmill is kinder & gentler on your body & then outside on asphalt is second & a track is third (because you constantly go the same direction, it's harder on your knees etc...) i wondered if you noticed anything like that - but having the incline on the track sounds like it would be a nice way to change things up. i can't imagine how excited you are to hit that milestone of 30lbs. What an accomplishment.
    *i am proud of you*

    ReplyDelete