Dustin turns a big-boy ONE year old today! Joshua sang happy birthday to him, which both boys loved, although Dustin has no clue whatsoever what's happening today. I think the first birthday is mostly for the mama, anyway. A celebration of surviving the first year with their little precious one...a fond remembrance of what happened a year ago to the day. A solemn and perhaps somewhat emotional walk down the memory lane of the past year's highs and lows.
As tough as this last year has been, God has been good to us. Dustin has been mostly healthy, aside from colds and flus and such. Although he's not the best sleeper in the world (far from it), he is a very happy and joyful little boy. And plays well on his own. He is so extremely different from Joshua in so many ways - I remember saying that when we were expecting Dustin that if we ended up with another Joshua, I'd be thrilled. Well, we ended up with a totally different kid, and I'm still thrilled beyond belief. I love the differences as much as the similarities. I love seeing him grow and change into his own little person, as crazy and monkey-ish as he is sometimes. I'm excited to see how he'll take this world by storm!
I was going to upload some pix, but I'm having trouble again today....maybe next time...
Gotta bake a cake, clean the kitchen, grab a shower, and clean out the van, all before the kiddies wake up in 1-2 hours. EEK! (I should be napping.)
Dustin is still sick today (I was going to post a picture of his sad pathetic little runny face), but we're going to Graeme's folks' place for dinner and cake anyway. We're having his big birthday party on Sunday, but ya gotta celebrate a kid's birthday on the real day!! I was up 4 times last night with my little sickie, unfortunately, so I'm a bit of a zombie myself today......I fear that 'zombie' will become all too normal for me in the coming months! Oh, Lord, please...no....
No comments:
Post a Comment