My little birthday boy is sick!!
When Dustin was up last night in the middle of the night, I thought his cry sounded a little funny, and he was a little warm. This morning I noticed he was a bit goopy in his nose, and crusty in his eye. Well, things went from *sorta* icky to **really** icky in a very short period of time - the poor gaffer's eyes were constantly leaking - he'd be laughing or smiling but tears would still be streaming down his face. His nose was also constantly running, and he's still a little warm. Poor guy. I hope tonight/tomorrow is the worst of it! We need him healthy by tomorrow night because his grandparents want to see him on his birthday! Not to mention that it's his birthday, period, and nobody should be sick on their birthday!
I just got home from worship team a little while ago. I'm not sure I ever blogged about this, but several weeks ago, when I was in the middle of a choir rehearsal, Andrea (the worship ministries co-ordinator) asked if I would be interested in singing on the "front line" - the group that is the immediate back-up to the leader. Wow - what an honor! Of course I said yes! So tonight I was at rehearsal for that. I'm still on the choir - when I'm not doing 'front line' stuff I'll be doing choir stuff.
So anyway, yeah, back to worship team. I was the worship leader back at our old church, Living Hope, for a number of years, and then on different worship teams in various capacities for several years before that. My last assignment at LH pretty much wiped me out. I found it to be eventually very draining and trying - and this was part & parcel due to a bit of a trying pregnancy with Dustin while running after Joshua. So I stepped down permanently. It was the right decision at the time. I never regretted that decision - my family comes first - not only does God understand that, but He blesses a decision like that! After all, He instituted the family!
After finding our new church, and attending there for a couple of months, Graeme and I decided that we were "stable" enough for me to answer the call to fill a spot in the worship choir. So I did. Beyond that, I *told* God that if He wanted me to do anything more, then He'd have to make people ask me, because I wasn't going to push my way in! Part of my reasoning with God was because I didn't want to make a fool of myself in the event that I wasn't really as talented as people have been telling me, and the other reason is because I didn't want to be the one pushing my way into situations where God wouldn't have me be at the time. So I figured I'd allow Him to have the "powers that be" sort of discover me, if that was His will, and we'd move on from there.
I'm honored, humbled, excited, scared, nervous (this is a much bigger church than any I've attended before, and LH was only about 60-70 people when we left)...but God is directing me/us and I'm honored to be used by Him! Not to mention that I still love singing....
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment