I had a *good* chat with my friend Karen this afternoon. When I say "good", I mean "releasing". It was good. (English language fails me at times!)
At one point, after crying and excusing myself for the third time to blow my nose, I said to her, "Why on earth would God make us get so messy when we cry? I mean, isn't it bad enough there's water coming out of our eyes, but then He makes it so that lots of slimy stuff comes out our noses, too? Now, I'm going to be an absolute stuffy mess for the rest of the day!"
Well, it's true. I'm still a congested mess. That's part due to this cold that the kids and I have. But those of you who have had good cries know what I'm talking about.
Not to worry, nothing's so wrong that it can't be fixed...God is good and faithful, and last night Graeme and I had a looooong talk about life. We both realized some pretty heavy stuff, and so while our lives may go completely upside-down in the next little while, there's a peace in my soul that surpasses my understanding. A peace that tells me that I don't need to see around the next corner, 'cuz God's got it covered.
My point is, why did God make crying so messy????
Sounds interesting:)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait till you post more about this journey...
i think He made it messy 'cause it's all about vulnerability:)
i'm a cry baby too ~ just ask my littles *every time i read a good book out loud* (which is very often!)
((hugs))
paige