Suddenly I'm all emotional!!
I don't know what it is with me and certain songs... but there's this Don Moen song called "Break Through". It's not my favorite arrangement (I like how I learned it from my worship leader better!), but it still hit me...
Break through, break through all my doubtsBreak through, break through all my fearsBreak through, that I may worship You.Break through, break through all my painBreak through all my guilt and my shameBreak through as only You can do.You are brighter than my darkest nightStronger than my toughest fightJust one touch from You my King, my FriendAnd I'll never be the same again...
The alto part is phenomenally easy and pretty, and there is a key change somewhere in there (I'm a sucker for key changes), and I totally *lost it*.
Oh God, change me...mold me...difficult as that is...refine...give me faith that surpasses where I'm at right now...
When I saw your title I thought there was a "break through" as far as labour was concerned - like maybe your water broke! Well...I'm glad you had a great worship moment anyway!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to hear that song... i'll have to do a search.. You always have such incredibly worshipful songs on this blog too. I've looked up lots of them. THanks mel.
ReplyDelete