Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BLAH update again. :)


I hope these posts don't bore you, but they're very much a part of what I'm investing myself in these days...

Total Lost this week: 2 lbs
Total Lost this competition: 17 lbs.
Total Lost overall: 24 lbs
What a strange week it's been. I put in some fairly respectable workouts, and even had some good "long" running sessions, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Food, however, was a lost cause for a good part of the week. I love being a statistic/numbers junkie, and so I have this spreadsheet where I punch in my total calories eaten, my total calories burned, and my net burned... so I end up with a "theoretical" amount of calories burned and therefore a theoretical amount of weight lost. I compare that to my actual weight lost to see how accurate it all is, and I have to say, I'm pretty much on track.

However, my point is this: I ate about 3000 more calories than I normally have been over the course of a week. I did, however, burn a little bit more, too, but still... Even though it was my birthday on Saturday, I could've been a little more diligent, so while I'm happy with the 2 lb loss, I know it could've been closer to 3 lbs if I'd stayed on track.

A few final random thoughts:
  • Maui in 2 days!
  • I'm frozen constantly... like shivering, goosebumps, freezing cold. Constantly. Hopefully Maui will help with that.
  • I hope to lose another 3 lbs by the time I return from our trip; that will put me at 20 lbs total for this journey. I'd be pretty stoked if I lost ANY weight on our trip, to be honest!
  • We bought a new camera yesterday... partly for the trip, but partly because we've been wanting to upgrade our point & shoot to a DSLR for quite some time. We now own a Canon Rebel T1i with a 18-200mm zoom... it has video capabilities but we have really poor lighting in our house so we're not sure how to work around that. In proper light, the video is amazing. And the pictures are par excellence!! Graeme put in about 40 hours of research and hands-on with SLRs, much to my irritation ("just pick one, already!" was my plea by about the 20th hour...)... but yes, I got to play with it last night. My workout was far too short last night, and I'm blaming it on the camera. :)
That whole laundry and packing thing? I should go get on it.
I can't wait to post some pictures from our trip... ooooooh... maybe we'll even see some whales... (But at least *I* won't be the whale!)

2 comments:

  1. i for one, really enjoy these posts.
    *jealous* of your new camera - & hawaii too - i've never been either & it's one place i would really love to see one day. i hear ya on the *freezing cold* thing.
    i can't WAIT to see pics! You're gonna have an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paige! :) I appreciate your support - though I do find it ironic that you're my most slender follower (at least I think you are, but I really don't know where your sisters fall, actually), and that you love my "I'm getting un-fat" posts... LOL!

    Soooo... seriously.... I want to come see you. How much *space* do you need (i.e. time) after having a baby before you can have overnight/out of town visitors? It'd probably just be me and Meaghan, although *maybe* the boys too... I want a real life visit sooooo bad.... and meet your newest little man...

    ReplyDelete