Saturday, October 24, 2009

Frustrated!!

Ergh... ERG!

So I had to drive out to an AGM tonight... I wasn't sure if I was going to go tonight or not, but Meaghan was doing fine and had had the perfect nap schedule today. So I decided to hop in the car and venture out... first mistake.

The meeting was out in a town it had never been in before.... second mistake.

The actual address of the church was not on the invitation... third mistake. The directions given were also from the viewpoint of someone driving in from a different direction than I was.

Google's search of said church's address was incorrect... fourth mistake (seems like it was an old church building, but the congregation had obviously moved and built themselves a new church building).

Google Maps led me astray tonight... fifth mistake. I ended up on some obscure narrow twisty range roads in the middle of nowhere with dusk falling. I never, I repeat, NEVER get lost like that. I am exceptional at navigating and following directions, and no one has ever gotten lost from directions I have given them. I was beyond frustrated... well into tears.

So I finally got to the town... and then couldn't find the church... by this point I was well over an hour and a half late (I'd intended to only be about 45-60 minutes late, just enough time for the potluck dinner to be over and the meeting to get started)... if I wasn't such a mess, I probably would've still persevered, stopped at a gas station and asked for directions, but I was upset and blotchy... I wasted 2 hours of driving time and gas to attend a meeting that couldn't be bothered to be advertised properly.

So yeah, I was frustrated.

I've been in a lot of pain the last few days, not exercising, and not eating properly - those surely all contributed to my emotional state. But seriously... GRR!! I'm sure God has a reason for me not going tonight, but I'm still not sure what it is.

Vent over.

No comments:

Post a Comment