Friday, October 2, 2009

Walking

Tomorrow is Edmonton's Walk to Remember - honoring little lives lost.

Graeme was able to get someone else to cover his Saturday, so he is coming with me. I wanted to go last year, but couldn't. So this year, we are going together.

It's been important to me to have names for our wee ones lost. Instead of just calling them "Our first baby" and "our second baby"... to give them names.

And I wanted to have them for this weekend.

We wanted to choose names that were somewhat unique, but had a meaning that coincided with how we felt God's presence at the time of our babies' passings.

Introducing:

Jaron (pronounced like Erin, 'cept with a J in front):
December 24, 2000
"He will sing, He will cry out"; joyful. Not that we were joyful in Jaron's passing, but that GOD gave us joy despite our loss. Joy after the rain.
Scripture: Job 8:21 - He will yet fill your mouth with laughing, and your lips with rejoicing.

and

Chavonne
March 21, 2001
"God is gracious"; cherished. Not only is our baby cherished, but God let us know that WE are His beloved, too. Resting in his grace...
Scripture: Psalm 103:8 - The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in mercy.
The version I'd originally memorized is this: The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.


I am looking forward to finding their little names on the sidewalk tomorrow.

1 comment: