OK.
So, the day after Meaghan turned 5 months old, I got my period back. This is the second longest, - after Joshua was between 5 and 6 months, and after Dustin was 3 1/2-ish months.
I am jealous of those women (ahem, Jen!) who go for months and months and MONTHS and eons without having to deal with that wonderful aspect of womanhood after having a baby.
Anyway.
So today, day 2 of this mess, I'm in the bathroom, and had just gotten off the toilet (pants not even up yet) when Dustin barges in, needing to use the potty. (Need I explain that this particular bathroom is in direct line of sight of the window? The one with the blinds up? And it's 'dark outside, light inside?) He doesn't barge in very often at all, so we haven't really had a need to lock bathroom doors around here. (That's about to change, I can assure you.)
And he beelines it for the toilet before I could flush.
"Mommy, why is there blood in there? Is that poo-poo? Is your poo-poo red? Why is it red? What is that?"
Oh....dear....
So I proceeded to explain menstruation to my 3-year-old.
Kidding.
I did what every self-respecting mother would say, "Go ask your father."
Kidding.
No, in all seriousness, I told him that it "just is red" and "don't worry about it." He kept pestering until Graeme said, "Dustin, some things you don't need to know until you're older."
End of conversation. Birds & bees evaded...for now!
*blush*
Bahaha!
ReplyDeleteAwkward! Hope he erases that from his memory ;)
How 'bout the sympathy bonus: Yeeessss, pooooorrrr mommy is bleeding... i sure need daddy to take care of me while i have a rest... no, i've never done that - but aren't i a horrible, sneaky person?
ReplyDelete