Anyway, my biggest struggle these last few days has been the cold air triggering asthma attacks and coughing fits. I'm not as faint as often right now, either, which is a huge answer to prayer. I might even be able to start exercising a bit again soon. What a relief that will be!
Thanksgiving Dinner was OK - I was just feeling so overwhelmed and physically crummy and exhausted that I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping to. But the food was really good! Darcy made cute little pilgrim's hats out of chocolate cookies, icing, a reese's peanut butter cup (the little ones), and a little reese's piece. It was sooo yummy - I'm glad she had leftovers (it was the only item I had 2nds on!)! :)
Yesterday Matthew came over to help us finish up our leaf-raking. After 35 bags of leaves and 5 1/2 hours, he was done. It was insane!!! We're so thankful for his help. Joshua was insistent that he didn't want his nap, and he had slept in nicely yesterday morning (so we knew he probably wouldn't nap anyway), so we let him stay up. The deal was that he could stay up IF he laid in the hammock with a pillow and a blanket and some books while Daddy chopped firewood 30 feet away and Matthew worked. The kid stayed there!! I guess the threat of being sent to his room was enough to stick his body to that hammock like nobody's business. :) Both boys went to bed early last night and slept in again this morning. Niiiiice.
The wind is soooo cold today. After about 10 seconds it sends me into a coughing fit. Thanks to my oversensitive lungs right now... yeah. I'm stickin' inside as much as I can today.
I feel like I missed the beauty of the fall season this year - the most vibrant colors showed up while I was laid out flat with a 102 fever for those 12 days. I almost missed my chance to take our annual 'leaf' pictures, too. Yesterday, though, I finally tossed the kids in a huge leaf pile and did a quick photo shoot with two somewhat uncooperative children. I still got a few good ones, though. Next post, I'll put 'em up. Along with a few others.
Graeme will be at work late tonight. Tomorrow night, I have swimming lessons. I started lessons in September, went to 2 lessons, and then got sick and missed 2 lessons. I went back last week, and felt miserable the entire time, but at least I learned a thing or two. I was hoping to feel better these past few days so I could go to the pool and 'practice' a bit more. Tomorrow is my last lesson in this level, and then I move up a notch in the ladder. :) I feel a little unprepared to move up, but the instructor said I'd be fine; just have to do a bit of work to catch up. But even where I'm at, he said I'd be fine. Whew.
Time to think about supper. So much to think about these days!!!
Cute pics! The boys are getting so grown up! Hope fall stays nice a bit longer so you can still enjoy it! Get better!
ReplyDelete