Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yesterday

I didn't have the boys for most of the day yesterday, so I thought I'd get a LOT of stuff done.  This is an excerpt from an e-mail I sent to a friend yesterday (I've made some minor edits).

Subject line:
My afternoon

Body:
Or... “my not-so-funny, very non-productive afternoon”...

Got to South Common; my purpose?  To look at and hopefully pick up some clothes for myself.  It’s so hard to clothing-shop with two boys in tow, so I thought I’d take the chance while I had *a couple hours*
.

Got lunch instead.  My tummy was rumbing, and my 1/2 apple at 8:30 a.m. wasn’t quite cutting it 3 hours later.

Ate lunch.  

Went to one store.  Wasn’t impressed by anything (or the prices, generally).  Left.

Went to Old Navy, remembering they, too, had some neat things.  Didn’t see anything I liked, so I looked at boys’ shirts instead.  Old Navy has decent prices on some of their kids’ stuff.  Bought some kids’ stuff.

Went to another other store.  Repeat of first store.

Went to Children’s Place (same parking lot), remembering that I had to buy a baby shower gift for 2 friends.  Bought cute little boy clothes.  Wish I’d remembered at Old Navy instead.  Could’ve saved myself 20 minutes in line.

Also wish I’d remembered my chiropractor appointment, which I remembered
while I was in line at Children’s Place.

Got out to the van, called Chiropractor's office.  Apologized profusely, asking if he was happening to be running 40 minutes late.  Receptionist laughed.  Rebooked for Friday.  Apologized again (this is the 2nd in a row I’ve missed; last one being 4 months ago; I’ve been bad and haven’t been in, and my neck is screaming for help).  Tried to explain myself, but gave up when I choked up.

Stupid hormones.

Started driving home.  Started crying on the off-ramp to the Henday.  Stupid hormones.

Got home, checked my facebook, and went to bed.

Woke up 2 hours later.  Feeling very rested and happy.

Gramma wants me to come pick up the boys.  Now.  
(Note:  we ended up having dinner there and the boys ended up staying the night.)

I’ve done NOTHING at home all day.  Yucky.  The one day I have to actually accomplish something, and not only do I not accomplish it, but I go backwards by missing an important appointment.  

*sigh*

I think I need help...

No comments:

Post a Comment