Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Letting the world know

It's time to let people know, before I show up to a function in maternity clothes!!  I told some women at Bible study today, which was kinda fun - Annelies gave me a big hug across the table, she was so excited!  Some other women overheard, too, and of course now the news will spread like wildfire.  You know church women!! :)

I'm 14 weeks already.  My pants still fit, but it's only a couple more weeks before I'm forced to move up to my maternity clothes.  *sigh*  I really haven't enjoyed wearing maternity clothes for the most part - they are so blasted expensive that I can't justify the expense for just a few short months!! - so I usually cheap out and usually don't feel very pretty in them.  The biggest thing this time around is finding a jacket that will fit!!  Last time I borrowed a 'large' friend's jacket (at her offer), but we're not really in touch any more and so I'm up the creek.  I don't really want to spend $80 on a maternity jacket.  Graeme says it'll be worth it during the cold winter months, since I'm going to be in and out of the house SO much running around with the boys.

Here are some pictures I took a couple weeks ago:





































Exercise:  I've been a good girl!!  On Sunday I was kinda frustrated and needed to burn some steam, so I got on the elliptical.  All my steam was burned off in about 10 minutes, but I stayed on for 42 minutes - the duration of a one-hour TV show with all the commercials fast-forwarded.  Then last night I went to the pool after a ladies' event at our old church (which was a birthday party consisting of CAKE, of which I actually had a hard time eating my portion - so I exercised some self-control and just stopped!) and swam 30 lengths in a record time.  Record for me, anyway.  The flippers that I used for about 12 of those lengths helped.  :)  Above all, I want this to be the healthiest pregnancy - not overdoing it, but coming out at the completion healthier than I went in.  I have my doctor's blessing for exercise since I've been exercising prior to pregnancy and all has gone well in previous pregnancies.  So, my goal is to go to the pool 3-4 times a week (2x lap swimming, and 1-2 times aquafit classes), plus some extra cardio and weights at home 1-2 times a week. 

Dustin is learning how to pray, and likes to say the following (he made it up himself):  "Dear Jesus, thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Joshua and me and the little teeny tiny little baby."  He say sit over and over because we giggled the first time and it's just so cute...

Yes, we're thankful.  It's all a little surreal, still.

No comments:

Post a Comment