Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Still waiting for recovery...

Today was my first day 'solo' with the boys.  It went OK - last night I slept upright in the armchair in the basement to help my breathing.  "Doze" was more like what I did all night.  But it got me by.

Today, Joshua started Wee College.  He is so proud of his Wee College Bible, his Wee College t-shirt, and his Wee College memory verse chart.  What a kid.  I took Dustin over to Playradise (gargantuan free indoor playground set up every Wednesday morning for church and community kids ages 5 and under), the opening day.  Same church, makes it easy.  I didn't want to be 'out', but at least the kids were occupied.  I'm also a volunteer with Playradise, and knew it would look bad if I wasn't there.  They knew I've been really sick, though.

So I showed up, and LeighAnne took one look at me and said, "You're alive!  Hmm.  You could have stayed home, though..."  Nobody wants to say it, but I look kinda bad.  My friend Rachel said I was "white" - beyond pale.  Yup.  At least they said it as though they cared!  :)  "Pale" is what not eating will do to ya.  I've lost 12 lbs so far - not thinkin' much of it will stay off, but this is definitely not the way to go about weight loss.

Dustin didn't nap today, very well, which made for a really difficult afternoon.  I was depending on his nap to get me through, so I could rest, too.  Didn't happen.  I'm pretty much ready to hit the sack for the night.

Thankfully, as far as i can tell, my fever is gone.  Now I just have to deal with the intense bouts of coughing and associated chest pain.  I'm just exhausted, mostly, from that, and the also-associated 'not being able to sleep for more than 5 minutes at a time'.

So yes, I got through my first day with the kids... but I won't say it was done successfully.  That being said, I'm actually making supper.  For real.  Someone give me a gold star.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Mel. Really hope you are feeling 100% soon.
    You TOTALLY get a gold star!!!

    ReplyDelete