Sunday, October 12, 2008

A little grumpy

It's Thanksgiving Day.

And I'm grouchy.

I'm still trying to climb out of the pit of sickness - still very short of breath and unable to do tasks for very long.  I was able to rake one pile of leaves yesterday before the coughing got to me.  An hour later, I was able to bag 3 bags of leaves before having to quit.  I still can't climb a flight of stairs with any great deal of pep in my step.

Church is in an hour, and I don't feel like going.

And if I'm being honest, I really don't even feel like going to Thanksgiving Dinner tonight.

I feel like my life is ruled by projects and lack of energy.  Every time I turn around, there's another project to do.  I can't even keep up with what I've got, for cryin' out loud!  Last night the kitchen was a disaster (making dinner, as well as desserts for today's thanksgiving dinner), I am 7 loads behind on laundry, I have 3 extremely disgustingly dirty bathrooms, and a floor with evidence of two small children being a little squirmy at the table.  Every time I turn around, my office has become more of a catch-all for everyone else's junk, piling higher and higher on 'my' half of the desk.

Just because I am feeling slightly better does NOT mean I have the energy of superwoman.  I am dizzy and nearly passing out several times a day.  I can hardly keep up with what I have...no, I definitely can NOT keep up with what I have at this point.  I'm beyond frustrated.  Makes me want to crawl into a hole and wish Mary Poppins would show up.

Yup, I'm grumpy.  

I guess I'm just keeping it real.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment