My one-liners weren't necessarily funny, just informative and to-the-point complete. So, sorry, you'll have to read more now.
(Cohesive thoughts are not my forte right now....fuzzy brain!)
OK, anyway...
I swam my first ever 2000m swim this morning. I had arranged to drop Dustin off at Gramma & Grampa's house after I took J to preschool, and then they would pick him up after preschool and just bring the boys to Millennium for me. I had a pretty good swim!! I realized at about the 1250m mark that I actually had more time left than I thought I would by that point, and that I was also feeling really good! So I turned it up a notch and went for the longer distance!
I'm a little sick today - just a stuffy head and sore throat, but at this stage of a cold I find exercise to be really soothing and not difficult. And I feel better temporarily, too.
Enter... the lane-sharers.
I got 10 laps in (the total swim was 40 laps), and a 350 lb lady decided to ask if she could share my lane. Now, I totally have nothing against big people. I'm a little oversized right now, myself. But, big people move a LOT of water. I basically drowned a few times from the waves she created ahead of her as we passed. After about 10 laps, the lane next to us opened up and she moved over.
About 5 laps later, an older gentleman – maybe 55 or 60, and wearing a speedo (eww) – decided to jump in without telling me...now remember that I’m alone in my lane (supposedly), doing back crawl. I can’t see if there’s anyone behind me. The common courtesy is to let people know (or even better – ASK them!) that they’re going to share your lane. He swam smack into me... and so I spent the last many laps hugging my lane rope – literally swimming 6” from the edge to avoid another collision. He, too, created a lot of waves (not everyone does), and had a very, umm, wide stroke. He kept hitting me as he passed me. I’m literally taking up maybe 1/3 of the lane, and he still can’t keep his arms to himself. It was frustrating. But...that being said, I still had an awesome swim, pulled a great time (surprisingly!), and could’ve kept going. I think I just like feeling weightless, actually. :)
About 5 laps later, an older gentleman – maybe 55 or 60, and wearing a speedo (eww) – decided to jump in without telling me...now remember that I’m alone in my lane (supposedly), doing back crawl. I can’t see if there’s anyone behind me. The common courtesy is to let people know (or even better – ASK them!) that they’re going to share your lane. He swam smack into me... and so I spent the last many laps hugging my lane rope – literally swimming 6” from the edge to avoid another collision. He, too, created a lot of waves (not everyone does), and had a very, umm, wide stroke. He kept hitting me as he passed me. I’m literally taking up maybe 1/3 of the lane, and he still can’t keep his arms to himself. It was frustrating. But...that being said, I still had an awesome swim, pulled a great time (surprisingly!), and could’ve kept going. I think I just like feeling weightless, actually. :)
Joshua's Wee College graduation ceremony was on Wednesday night. Maybe it's just me, but there's something bothersome about *starting* an evening program for preschoolers at 7:00 p.m. Don't most parents think about starting to get their kids to bed around 7:00 or 7:30? Anyway, the program was almost two whole hours long, and then there was a dessert luncheon afterwards!! Sure, keep preschoolers up for 1 1/2 hours past their bedtime, expect them to behave on stage for the duration of a program such as the one they had, and then load 'em up on sugar. Thanks, guys.
Regardless, the program was super-cute and Joshua was a honey. I'll post some pictures later.
I finally did my Big Cook this past week. My friend Karen helped me out for two afternoons, and we got 76 meals packed away in the freezer. The freezer is definitely stocked now. I'm going to try and leave those meals alone until close to Baby's due date! But some of them are very loudly calling my name already! I'm really glad to have that massive project out of the way. My feet were killing me! I ended up with really bad leg cramps in the night last night; not something I deal with very often at all.
Now, for my favorite one-liner of all:
*After naps, Joshua came to snuggle with me. This is what he said, completely out of the blue:
"Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be bald. But I also want to have a beard. Is that possible?"
Seriously. A kid who wants to be bald? Maybe he's remembering back to his infanthood and wants to relive his hairstyle days...
Bald and bearded is totally doable. There is hope for your son's life dream!-j
ReplyDeleteHAHA!!! WHy would he say that??!!
ReplyDelete