I've really been struggling lately with being a mom. With wondering how I'm going to do "this" with three kids... with two very ambitious and rambunctious boys who need to burn some steam but still need direction in doing so... direction that I'm not as able to give these days...
It's been hard. I feel like I'm dropping the ball, like I'm not doing enough, like I'm missing out, like they're missing out... we're having behaviour issues and mama patience issues... and it's been hard.
I keep having to remind myself that God's grace is sufficient...I don't feel it in my heart a whole lot these days, but I have to remind my head about it...God says it, so it just IS. I have to trust it even when I don't feel it.
Anyway - I got a 1000m daytime swim in today, and got some errands run while the kids were at G&G's house (they watch the boys once a week so I can get a daytime swim in as opposed to going out at 9:00 at night). When the boys got home, they went outside in nothing but their boots (it was only about 7 or 8 degrees at the time) to look for some toys. I know that they are pretty sensitive to the cold and would come in when they're ready...but they were loving being outside again without the cumbersome nature of the bulky winter clothing. And they played. And played. And played some more. Joshua came in for some mittens at one point. But they were so happy to be outside again.
Seeing that, I can't wait for spring, now.
I like spring OK enough, but since starting to have kids, I have developed some very serious allergies to trees. They get worse every year. And I can't take allergy shots b/c I'm pregnant - I was supposed to try those this year. So I've been dreading the onset of spring these last few years.
But this year... bring it on. I can see the boys are ready. They need less from me in terms of hands-on outside play, and it'll be so good for them. They played so nicely today - the best they've done in days. They actually played together. Joshua was a good big brother, just like I know he can be. Dustin was a good listener & learner. It was beautiful.
Now if only all moments were like that... it was nice to back up and breathe a bit today. Regroup myself. Think on things. And listen to God.
I thought at first that they were out in literally "nothing but their boots"! haa haa! Good thing you clarified things with pics. :) The outside is like medecine to me and as soon as spring hits i drink it in till i'm cured of this depressingly long hibernation we live through up north. Hang in there mama! We're in the homestretch!--j
ReplyDelete