Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Succumbing to the threats

'Nuff said?

I've been receiving e-mail threats, coercing me into taking a baby-belly picture and posting it, *or else*...

So I got Graeme to take one tonight, outside, so that y'all can see how Baby looks.























All went well at today's appointment - heart rate was 142, and I was *lucky enough* to have not just one, but two internal-type things today.  He was so busy talking while he was checking me (I could've told him that nothing was going on!) that he forgot to do the Group B Strep swab that they're supposed to do around 36 weeks.  I told him he'd better make this up to me!!  (He laughed.)

So anyway, yes.  No 'internal' changes that would signal Baby's soon arrival.  I would've been more surprised if there were any 'signs'...historically I need to have several hours of early labour before I even start to dilate.  These women who are 3 or 4 cm dilated a week before they go into labour?  HA!  Nope.  Not me.

All is well.  No weight gain again (breathing sigh of relief).  I got my walking papers today, and discovered with surprise that I haven't gained any weight (net) since my February 3rd appointment - sure, I've gone up and down, but the last 3 weeks have been the same as my Feb 3rd appt.  He is not concerned, as I also am not; I have enough of my own that I can afford to not gain anything.  I am eating healthy enough and exercising regularly, which is certainly contributing to keeping my weight in check, and I feel great overall (aside from significant back pain these days).  Now just watch, next week I'll be up 5 lbs or something horrendous like that...

I'm feeling blessed! - now back to work!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! A belly picture! You are one hot preggo mamma!
    Glad to hear all is well in babyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, mel - i can tell you've been working up a storm. You look awesome! (& i love your funky glasses too!)
    Love you! Can't wait to meet this sweet little one.
    btw - are you usually so *compact* with baby?
    i'm the same as you - no dilation early - & i usually carry pretty compact like that too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that you are "compact" - I would never guess that you were within weeks of giving birth!I was one of the lucky ones who was always several cm dilated before going into real labour! Funny how the birth process can be so different and yet so much the same for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! beautiful finish line shot.--j

    ReplyDelete