I slept in until 7:43. We had friends over last night (The Group), and once again, I laughed so hard I cried and almost peed my pants (thanks to pregnancy adding to the strain!)... and yes, had contractions again. It was awesome!
I didn't really sleep last night because I have a nasty head cold - came on suddenly, hopefully it goes just as suddenly!
I went to church. I love the sermon series we're working through right now - Jesus the Lamb, Redeemer, etc. I love it. The preaching is solid and practical.
Graeme felt sorry for me and got me the safest decongestant he could find - I was actually in a lot of pain and stuff, which is somewhat unusual for me with colds.
I had a sort-of nap this afternoon - the decongestant got me wired and buggy, so I woke up after less than an hour, unable to go back to sleep.
Boys got up, Graeme got up, we played, ate supper...
And now Graeme is going to head out the door to pick up our babysitter. Some friends from church have invited us over for a shortened games night - the husband is under the weather as well, and our babysitter has school tomorrow, so we're going for a shorter night. 'S okay with me! I'm just happy to get together with someone from our church. In over 2 years at our last church, despite our repeated efforts at fellowshipping in others' homes (or having people over to ours!), nothing ever happened. We had a couple of the pastors over at various times, but our 'friends' never came over, save for Joshua's last birthday party. We've been at our new church for only a short time, and have already had several in-home visits with various people. It seems that people at our new church are actually genuine... when they SAY they want to get together with you, they actually follow through. It's kinda nice! And they're not socializing with us because they *need* something from us. I feel like we're finally part of a community.
Anyway...gotta jet!
No comments:
Post a Comment