Baby wasn't overly active during the non-stress test, however, the heart rate accelerated more than acceptably when the baby did move. This made the nurse very happy. She just wants me to do frequent kick counts - you know, lay down for an hour at a time, relax, and let Baby go crazy. If I have more spells like I did yesterday, I have to go back for another assessment.
I understand that the movements will slow down a bit and change as the due date comes near... but the drastic overnight change of movements is what had everyone concerned.
So now I guess I can continue on with making my drapery panels...?
I got all the hospital bags packed (labour bag, baby bag, and 'overnight' bag) this morning. I even remembered to grab Graeme's pillow - after what happened with Dustin (he slept on two chairs facing each other since there were no cots available, and used his sweater as a pillow), I thought it might be a good thing to have. I did, however, forget his deodorant. :)
When I called Graeme an hour after the appointment started, he asked, "Are we having a baby today?" I told him that we were not, and he replied, "Good, now I can stop feeling like I'm about to throw up!"
Glad to hear that all is well. I think those drapery panels should be the LAST extra thing you try to do. You need to relax and get rest whenever you can, to be ready for labour and delivery!
ReplyDelete