Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Maybe not six??

After today's appointment, I might not have six days left after all...  I am already 1-2 cm dilated... let's just say that in both of my previous births, I had to go through 4-5 hours of really strong & regular contractions before I even got that far.

Granted, 1-2 really isn't significant for most people...some people stay at 2-3 for days or even weeks... but to me, progress before labour begins is a big surprise and could mean just about anything happening at any time.

My doc still thinks I'll hold out for another week or more.  I'm hoping for a few more days, but things are also getting really uncomfortable so I think I'll be fine either way. I'm feeling a lot better cold-wise - still a lingering sniffle and congestion and cough, but steady improvement over last night, for sure.  

I guess we'd better figure out what to finalize in our bag-packing, just in case tonight is the night!

1 comment: